Objective and scope of policy
The Lawyers Alliance is a law firm comprising the members of qualified lawyers across the country. Each member of this law firm is an agent of this entity. The Lawyers Alliance promotes, facilitates and co-ordinates the activities of its members.
The Lawyers Alliance takes the protection of Personal Information seriously. Our obligations as legal professionals are governed, in part, by rules of professional conduct which impose duties and obligations regarding the confidentiality of the information provided to The Lawyers Alliance by its clients. We require all professionals, employees, contractors and agents who provide services in connection with our delivery of legal and other services to our clients professional conduct to comply with these obligations.
What information do we collect?
As a general rule, all information concerning the business and affairs of a person or organization acquired: (1) for the purpose of determining whether The Lawyers Alliance will enter into a professional relationship; or (2) in the course of a professional relationship, shall be held in strict confidence and not revealed to anyone unless expressly or implicitly authorized by the person or organization concerned or permitted or required by applicable law. A professional relationship develops when The Lawyers Alliance agrees to be retained to provide services to an individual or organization.
In the course of its relationship with you, The Lawyers Alliance will need to collect, use, and sometimes, disclose various types of Personal Information for various purposes associated with the scope of the services we provide as directed by you or your organization. Given the nature of The Lawyers Alliance services, it is impractical to list all of types of Personal Information that may be collected, used or disclosed. However, the Personal Information we collect may include:
- your full name;
- contact information, such as your address, telephone number, e-mail address, or job titles;
- information regarding your legal requirements, situation, and interests;
- whether you have subscribed or unsubscribed from any our mailing lists, or accepted any of our invitations;
- information regarding your organization or other organizations, including information regarding directors, officers, or employees of our clients or other parties, witnesses, beneficiaries, adverse parties, related parties, parties in interest, business partners, investors, shareholders, security holders, buyers, business partners, and customers of clients;
- your payment information; and
- any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us.
How do we use and disclose personal information?
The Lawyers Alliance may use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Establishing your identity and compliance with “Know Your Client” regulations and other legal obligations: which may require you to provide name, address, employment/business information, and/or other legally mandated forms of identification;
- Billing: which will include the collection of names, addresses, banking and/or financial details;
- Provision and development of Services/Products: which will include any Personal Information necessary to provide services requested by you or your organization;
- Analytics: we may also use and analyze the Personal Information provided to us to offer you additional services or products, as well as to track and manage your consent preferences, event reservations and any unsubscribe requests. You may, at any time, advise any The Lawyers Alliance that you do not wish to receive such information from that The Lawyers Alliance;
- Internal record keeping;
- Answering your queries, and/or providing you with information or materials you have asked to receive;
- Market research;
- Marketing our own services to you by email or other means if you have subscribed to one of our mailing lists;
- To keep your information and preferences accurate. For example, from time to time, we may ask you (by email or otherwise) to review your contact details and mailing list preferences and update them as necessary;
- To permit The Lawyers Alliance to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that The Lawyers Alliance may sustain;
- Any purpose which is permitted or required by applicable law; and
- To carry out any other purpose which is disclosed to you and to which you consent.
The marketing email messages sent by The Lawyers Alliance will give you the opportunity to update your contact details and mailing list preferences or unsubscribe from mailings from that The Lawyers Alliance altogether.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from a The Lawyers Alliance, please follow the unsubscribe link in one of its marketing email messages. You may also contact The Lawyers Alliance using the contact information provided, to update your preferences or unsubscribe from any marketing they may send you.
The Lawyers Alliance may share Personal Information amongst its members for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Lawyers Alliance allows certain authorized third party providers to track and store certain information about visitors to our websites (including domain names, IP addresses and page views as described below). The Lawyers Alliance may also disclose Personal Information to organizations that perform services for us. Personal Information will only be provided to such organizations if they agree by way of contract to provide appropriate protection for such information.
Personal Information may also be subject to transfer to another organization in the event of corporate transaction such as a merger, or change of ownership.
This will occur only if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is restricted to those purposes that relate to the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction, and is used by the parties to carry out and complete the business transaction.
Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
Limiting collection, use, disclosure and retention of personal information
The Lawyers Alliance may collect your Personal Information in many forms (hard/soft copy, electronically, facsimile, telephone conversations/recordings, etc.), but will only do so by lawful means and only for necessary purposes that have been disclosed to you.
Personal Information collected in any form will only be retained by The Lawyers Alliance so long as it is required: a) for the purpose for which it was collected; b) to be retained by law; or c) to address any issues that may arise at a later date. When your Personal Information is no longer required for these identified purposes, The Lawyers Alliance uses secure procedures to destroy, delete, erase or convert the Personal Information into an anonymous form.
Our websites and cookies
In general, you can use our websites without giving The Lawyers Alliance any Personal Information unless you request for a consultation. If you are one of our anonymous visitors, please bear in mind that we may still record certain analytical information and as further set out in this section.
Consent may be given in different ways such as: a) expressly by signing a document, agreeing through electronic means or verbally; or b) implicitly by providing the Personal Information voluntarily.
There may be circumstances where you have provided Personal Information for an identified purpose, and The Lawyers Alliance later needs to use that information for a different purpose. In such circumstances, The Lawyers Alliance will seek your consent to use the information for the new purpose.
Please note that there are circumstances where the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted or where The Lawyers Alliance may or must disclose information without consent, in accordance with the applicable law.
Where obliged or permitted to disclose information without consent, The Lawyers Alliance will not disclose more information than is required for the purpose that obligates or permits us to disclose such information.
You have the right to revoke your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information at any time. However, revocation of your consent may result in our inability to provide services to you. We will discuss with you the reason we need your Personal Information and why the revocation of your consent affects our ability to provide the service or product to you.
Storage and security
The Lawyers Alliance has taken steps to maintain physical, procedural and technical security for Personal Information.
The Lawyers Alliance holds Personal Information principally in the cities in which it has offices or production facilities and nearby municipalities where off-site storage facilities may be located, and such information may be accessed by those individuals that need to know such information in order that The Lawyers Alliance may provide our services.
Accuracy and access
The Lawyers Alliance endeavors to ensure that any Personal Information provided and in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information.
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. In the event that you believe that your Personal Information is not accurate or you wish access to your Personal Information, you may make a request to the applicable The Lawyers Alliance entity. You may find the contact information for The Lawyers Alliance down below of this website. A small fee will be payable for access to personal information held by The Lawyers Alliance.
We will always endeavor to provide timely access to your Personal Information. However, we may verify your identity to our satisfaction prior to doing so. Further, there may be circumstances where access cannot be granted. For example, where access would lead to the disclosure of Personal Information of another individual and that individual refuses to provide consent to the disclosure, or information subject to privilege or other legal restrictions. In such cases you will be notified of the reason why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
- access Personal Information that you have already provided so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted, or
You may contact the applicable The Lawyers Alliance professionals with whom you have a relationship.
You may contact The Lawyers Alliance by e-mail at [email protected], or by mail at:
M.L. Hotel Tower Ltd.
(Hotel Royal Tower) 10th Floor.
208, Shaheed Syed Nazrul Islam Sarani Bijoynagar,
Tel: +88 03 951 1379, +880 1730 710 509